You can configure a Gmail account in Outlook using one of two methods to connect to a server called POP3 and IMAP. Each method has a unique feature, so it is important to choose the method that suits you. Generally, use your email. The list below outlines the differences between the two methods. You can set Gmail to keep downloaded emails in unboxed Outlook in the inbox, or you can download emails that are automatically stored in Gmail. You can also delete messages that have also been deleted in Outlook.
Configure Outlook for use with G Suite
Create a password for a Google Account.
If you haven’t yet created a Google Account password, do so by going to tools.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/google-pass You can use the same password for this connection and your mobile device.
First Enable IMAP:-
· Log in to Gmail.
· Click the gear in the upper right
· Click Settings.
· Click the Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab.
· Click Save Changes.
· Go to www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps Choose an option to enable access to less secure apps.
Second Your Configure Outlook:-
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click Manual Settings or Additional Server Types, and then click Next.
3. Click POP or IMAP as your service and then click Next.
Enter the following account settings:
Your name: Your name
Email address: Your @stanford email address.
Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.stanford.edu
Username: Your SUNet ID
Password: Leave blank
Remember password: not verified
Must log in using password authentication (SPA): not checked.
4. Click the More settings button.
With the General tab selected, enter a name for your mail account, such as Stanford’s email, if you wish. Otherwise, the default mail account name is to your email address.
5. Click the Outgoing Server tab and enter the following information:
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: check
Use the same settings as my incoming mail server:
Click the Advanced tab and enter the following information:
Incoming server (IMAP): 999
Use the following types of encrypted connections: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Use the following types of encrypted connections: TLS
(Make sure that this does not change your outgoing server settings above)
Clear items when switching folders while online: Check
6. Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
7. In the add account window, click Next.
8. You will be prompted for your password twice:
For server imap.gmail.com: Enter [email protected]. And your Google Account password.
For server smtp.stanford.edu: Enter your SUNetID and your SUNet ID password.
Leave this password saved in the box for your unselected password, and then click OK.
9. Microsoft Outlook will send you a test message to check if your account can send and receive the email. If the Test Account Settings dialog box shows that the test is complete, click Close. If the test fails, double-check your configuration settings.
10. You may be prompted to log in again with your SUNet ID and your SUNet ID password.
11. Click Finish to complete the setup of your email account.
How to Add Gmail With Outlook Step by Step:
Gmail is required to retrieve messages sent to your Gmail account in Outlook. Outlook After you enable IMAP in Gmail, you can set up user accounts in Outlook.
- Open Outlook and go to the file.
2. Choose to add an account. The add account window will open.
3. In the email address text box, enter your Gmail email address.
4. Choose a connection.
5. Enter your Gmail password, then choose Connect.
6. Wait while Outlook connects to your Gmail account.
Configure Gmail and Outlook Manually Step by Step:
- Open Outlook.
2. Choose file.
3. Choose to add an account. The add account window will open.
4. Choose advanced options.
5. Choose me to set up my account myself.
6. Enter your email address and then select Connect.
7. Choose IMAP.
8. Enter your password then select connect.
9. Choose to change account settings.
10. Enter the following in the IMAP Account Settings text box.
Tags: #Configure_Gmail_In_Outlook, #Add_Gmail_In_Outlook, Add a Gmail account to Outlook, Gmail Configure Outlook for Windows, How do I set up my Gmail account in Outlook, How To Configure Gmail In Outlook 2016 Step By Step, How To Configure Gmail In Outlook 2017 Step By Step, How To Configure Gmail In Outlook 2019 Step By Step, How to Set up Gmail in Outlook, How to Add a Gmail Account to Outlook.